Senior Back-end Engineer (NodeJS)
We’re looking for passionate engineers with experience building clever web platforms who want to make a real impact on health research. You can see more about our team here: repositive.io/team and you can get a glimpse of what we’re building here: youtu.be/YEkQxRMSFOc.
We like to ship code often, experiment with different types of cutting edge technologies, make architectural decisions collaboratively and we value each other’s code. We like to hire and train junior level developers, so mentorship and team building should be in your DNA.
- Be responsible for architecting and developing our core platform and infrastructure enabling fast discovery and efficient access to genomic data.
- Bring technical vision, a great work ethic, and a positive attitude to inspire teams and scale a business.
- Write efficient, thoroughly tested and proactively optimize server-side code to ensure high performance and robustness – our current stack is Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis, Elastic.
- Translate feature requirements into sound, creative software solutions.
- Work closely with the product manager and front-end developers in an agile environment.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and Continuous Integration (CI) are important for us but we’re not as strong as we would like. We expect you to take the lead promote and strive for best practices within the dev team.
- Explain complex technological concepts in a simple fashion.
- Solid industry experience (5+ years) building software platforms at scale, dealing with many machines, and debugging real systems.
- Solid coder – you have a passion for writing clean, effective and well test codes, regardless of the language/platform you use.
- Strong fundamentals in computer science, engineering, data structures, and software design
- Excellent understanding on how the web works. Experience with HTTP and TCP/IP and how a proper RESTful API looks like.
- Experienced with WebSockets and messaging systems.
- Relational and non-relational databases, columnar stores, caching, key value stores, etc.
- Continuous Integration environments and Test Driven Development.
We offer a competitive salary and 25 days of holiday per year pro rata. We can offer flexible working arrangements and there are likely to be opportunities for training and career progression for the right person.
- Perks - Agile and creative working environment, quality equipment, team runs, yoga, cheesecake, team events...
- Contacts - We collaborate with experts across fields of computer science and genomics. Our big support network will help you grow, and you will be constantly learning on the job.
- Exposure - Learn every aspect of how a startup operates.