Senior Business Development Associate
Lead Repositive’s global efforts to build and manage a Services line of business for its (i) cancer model CRO partners, (ii) cancer molecular data provider partners, and (iii) Biopharma subscribers to its Translational Oncology Network programme:
- Define service offerings and accompanying pricing structures.
- Validate attractiveness of these offerings with prospective customers and their economic viability with internal stakeholders.
- Promote and close sales of these offerings in collaboration with Repositive account managers of the respective customers.
- Collaborate with Repositive service delivery team, leading the customer interactions at the business development stage and supporting the relevant service delivery project managers as needed during the delivery stage.
- Report to Chief Business Officer and coordinate operationally also with Head of Operations and Chief Financial/Legal Officer.
- As the Services business grows, supervise additional junior team members.
- Master’s or PhD degree from top-tier institution in a life science or business-related field (including bioscience and business/entrepreneurism joint programmes), plus extensive post-academic experience in a business development, commercial, marketing or consultancy role within or serving the life sciences sector.
- Experience in licensing of data and developing partnerships for bioinformatics/genomics technologies and data.
- Experience in developing business cases for software and services sales.
- Commercial mindset and proven sales track record.
- Located in London or Cambridge UK in order to be close to Repositive’s sales/marketing, service delivery and technology development teams.
- Familiar with life science business practices and life science company cultures in both North America and Asia. Business travel at regular intervals to the US and Asia.
Closing Date 29th April 2019
We offer a competitive salary and 25 days of holiday per year pro rata. We can offer flexible working arrangements and there are likely to be opportunities for training and career progression for the right person.
- Perks - Agile and creative working environment, quality equipment, team runs, yoga, cheesecake, team events...
- Contacts - We collaborate with experts across fields of computer science and genomics. Our big support network will help you grow, and you will be constantly learning on the job.
- Exposure - Learn every aspect of how a startup operates.