Front-end Developer (application deadline: Sept 1st, 2019)
Repositive is driving medical research forward by improving accessibility and enhancing discoverability with respect to genomics data. With our global business network, we are building a marketplace for the users and providers of preclinical cancer models and related services - speeding up development of new cancer treatments.
As part of our services we are providing comprehensive searches across collections of cancer models from our partner network. To deliver this high-quality service, we maintain a database of cancer model metadata and cancer model molecular characterisations and annotated genetic variants.
For this role we are looking for a software developer to develop the UI our customers and internal team will use to query our cancer models database and to contribute to the automation of search processes. This means a keen interest on user interaction and experience looking at the problems from the user perspective.
Our technical stack is comprised mainly of a React/Redux frontend interacting with a Rust API. These and other services run on GCS on a Kubernetes cluster and our infrastructure and deployment processes require little to zero maintenance.
Being an early stage startup, our tools and processes are subject to ongoing improvement, so the ability to adapt to changing tasks and responsibilities is essential to this role.
We are looking for a software developer who wants to make a real impact on progressing cancer drug discovery, speeding up the time it takes to bring new treatments to patients.
Please note the application deadline for this role is 1st September 2019- we will be interviewing on a rolling basis
- Professional experience with one or multiple projects where the role involved active frontend development.
- Experience using modern web frameworks for frontend development (React / Angular/ Vue) and awareness of state management lifecycles for frontend development.
- Basic knowledge relational databases (PostgreSQL) and UNIX command line tools.
- Knowledge and proven experience of good software architectural practices and a pragmatic approach to tech debt management.
- Experience collecting user requirements, proposing an array of solutions with weighted outcomes and collaboratively planning execution and iteration phases.
- Experience with agile development processes is a bonus.
- Personal development-Conferences and workshops we like to learn.
- 25 days holiday-Plus UK public holidays.
- Stretch Yourself- Try, fail fast. We have an insatiable appetite for innovation and playful experimentation.
- Social troop-Sometimes we head to the pub, other times the climbing wall. We are an inclusive and tight-knit team.
- First-rate perk days-Last time we went go-karting, other trips have included the zoo and a boat trip.
- A balance- wellbeing’s not just for Christmas; we always maintain a healthy balance of work, play and recharge time.
- Benefits package – we offer a benefits package including, health cashback plan, life assurance, cycle to work.
A friendly and enthusiastic team made up of genomics scientists, designers and developers. We have a flat organization structure and you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact from the code and ideas you contribute. We support Open Source and Open Science initiatives, and we consider the impact of our decisions not only on shareholders but also on employees, customers, suppliers, community and the environment. Our multi-disciplinary team is motivated by advancing cancer research and we work in a flat organisation structure where you will have the opportunity to make a visible impact.
Does this sound like your next job? We would love to hear from you.